You can add, update, deactivate or reactivate users for your workplace or organization via an Employee Upload File. For more information, please refer to the Philanthropy Cloud administrator guide.
The following information is required for the file:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Work Address Line 1
- Work City
- Work State
- Work Postal Code
- Work Country
- Work Email
- Federation Id (SSO Only)
The following items default from the employer unless explicitly specified per user:
- Language Preference
- Preferred Currency
- Time Zone
- Login Setting (optional) - For Single Sign On (SSO) enabled organizations only, otherwise values in the field are ignored. Specify on a per user basis whether or not a user is SSO only, or can log in using a Philanthropy Cloud issued username and password in addition to SSO. When left blank, the value for this field is inherited from your Organization Settings default Login Settings. Values for this field are [USERNAME_PASSWORD] and [SSO_ONLY].
- Welcome Email Setting (optional) - Specify on a per user basis the behavior of the welcome email for newly created users. The values in this field are ignored for user updates. The Welcome Email is the primary mechanism for a user, who is Philanthropy Cloud username and password enabled, to set their password for the first time. Username/Password enabled users can receive their set password Welcome Email immediately on new user creation by setting the value of this field to Send. A value of Defer would defer sending of the set password Welcome Email for the user until the first time he/she logs into Philanthropy Cloud. For an SSO enabled org only, there is an additional option to Never send a Welcome Email to new users. When left blank, the value for this field is inherited from your Organization Settings default Welcome Email Settings.
Note: When users are being added or updated via bulk import and and Insert Null Values is selected, null values are ignored for these fields. The Bonus Payroll Enabled field is also ignored.
Organization Settings with SSO Enabled
Philanthropy Cloud allows organizations to configure flexible policies for user login and new user welcome emails. The Organization Settings screen contains sections for Login Settings and Welcome Email Settings. These allow organization administrators to configure default values for user import and individual user management. Administrators can also choose to override organization defaults and specify Welcome Email Settings and Login Settings on a per user basis when uploading users through User Import or individual user management via the Users tab.
Organizations that have SSO enabled can specify a default login policy for users being managed through user import and individual user management. This allows administrators to leave these values blank on user import or individual user management, so that per user values are inherited from these organization defaults.
- Username/Password & Single Sign-on - Specify an organization wide default for new and updated users. This value allows users to use Single Sign-on and use a Philanthropy Cloud-issued username/password in addition to SSO.
- Single Sign-on only - Specify an organization wide default for new and updated users. This value restricts users to use Single Sign-on only for login.
Welcome Email Settings
- Send immediately - When creating a new user, the option indicates whether or not the user immediately receives a welcome email from Philanthropy Cloud. For users with a username and password enabled on Philanthropy Cloud, this email includes a link to log in and set your password. For SSO-only users, this email only includes a link to the Philanthropy Cloud homepage, where the user is prompted to log in with their SSO credentials.
- Defer until first login - When creating a new user, no welcome email is sent from Philanthropy Cloud. The first time that a new user visits https://www.philanthropycloud.com, a welcome email is sent to validate that this unauthenticated web visitor actually holds an email address to a user on record; and, if they have a Philanthropy Cloud username and password enabled, the email contains a link to set their password. SSO-only users do not receive a welcome email and are redirected to their Identity Provider to log in.
- Never send - Selecting this option prohibits the sending of welcome emails. This option is only available and pertaining to SSO-only users, since the welcome email is required to be able to set your username and password.
NOTE: Welcome Email Settings only apply to newly created users and this value is ignored on user updates.